Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Vegetarian Curry




My girlfriend has been ill for a month now, and typically It´s my turn now... When I´m ill I like to feel healthy. And what is more healthy than Indian food?
For this dish I chopped a whole onion with a clove of garlic, a bit of chili, a branch of ginger and half a lime juice. Put this in a frying pan and add some butter to soften the onion. At the same time you can boil 2 carrots.
When the onion is nice and soft, add some curry-paste, salt, pepper and 3/4 of a box of chopped conserved tomatoes. Bring it to the boil, and let it cook for 4 minutes. Then add 165 ml of coconut milk. This will give the mix a nice and creamy texture. The coconut flavor will always be present which is just perfect!
After 4 more minutes, put the mix in a blender with the soft carrots. Mix everything (be careful not the blend it to a pure, but just blend a few seconds!) and serve with wild basmati rice (anis infused), mango chutney and papadums.
This indian dish is just strong enough for a soar throat, and fantastic on a sad evening! I love to eat this dish as evening snack with papadums and a strong mango chutney.

Enjoy my Indian curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment