Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Parmesan Soufflé with Magret de Canard fumé


I have the honor to present you my very first Soufflé! I'm actually very proud as I'm not a big baker at all and making Soufflés was a challenge for myself. Unfortunately, it went done a little bit before I had time to take the picture but I think it still looks very good, don't you?

To make 4 cheesy soft Soufflé, you need:
  • 50 cl milk
  • 6 eggs
  • 100g butter
  • 50g flour
  • 150g parmesan
  • A pinch of Nutmeg powder
Start by melting 40g of butter to apply it in the ramekins and store them in the fridge. Melt another 60g of butter, add the flour and mix under med temp control. At this point, I took few slices of Magret de Canard fumé, cut them into very small pieces, cooked them very quickly and added it with the grease to the butter and flour. Then boil the milk and put it with the rest, keep mixing for 3 minutes. Season it, and perfume it with a pinch of Nutmeg powder. Fill up the ramekins and put it in the oven at 200°c for 20 minutes.

On the side, I prepared a simple tomato, lettuce and cucumber salad with mustard vinaigrette and slices of Magret de Canard fumé.

I made two small Soufflés and two bigger ones. They were really soft and the taste was perfect. Of course, you don't have to add the duck as I did and a "simple" cheese Soufflé will always be a great and impressive dish to serve;)


No comments:

Post a Comment