Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Italian Challenge? Done!

Hey everyone! This is my answer to the Challenge n°3 posted by Alex. Unfortunately, I haven't been cooking in my very small kitchen and as I came back to my parents' house for the weekend, I cooked for them using this challenge for the recipe.

Yes! The first step was to go straight to the food market near my parents' village to find inspiration. Everything always looks so delicious, it was hard to decide what to do even if I had an idea in mind the day before. Finally, I decided to make Langoustine Raviolis.I bought everything fresh from the food market and headed back to the kitchen to prepare the dinner.

First, I made the pasta dough from which I cut my raviolis. I used 250gr of flour, 2 eggs and a little bit of water.  Made a ball shape with it and let it rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
I took the raw langoustines (I had 20 langoustines for 4 persons) out of their shells and kept the heads and claws aside. I put these heads and claws in water with thyme, bay leaves and white wine (sauvignon sec) to make a reduction for the sauce. Let it boil until only few centimeters of liquid are left.


Take the raw langoustines meat and add it in a hot stove with olive oil for 2 minutes. Take the langoustines out and chop them into very small bits. Add 2 spoons of crème fraîche and a drop of white wine, mix it all together with your hands and let it rest.
Take your dough ball out of the fridge and flatten it. Add flour if the dough is sticky. When it is well flattened, take a glass a cut circles in it, this will be the raviolis. Add your preparation in the middle of the circles and close them by joining one side with the other, making half circles.


While you wait for everyone to set the table and start to get ready, I recommend that you enjoy fresh oysters bought at the food market  with a glass of this delicious Sauvignon gris that you've been using for your recipe:)


Time to finish! Boil water with salt and olive oil, turn down the temp control a little bit and add the raviolis in it. When they come up to the top of the water, they are ready.
For the sauce: take out the liquid from the reduction (the colour might be greyish, don't worry, it doesn't mean it isn't delicious), put 5 spoons of crème fraîche in a pan, add 3 small spoons of the reduction, the juice of one lemon, white wine and salt & pepper. To avoid damaging the raviolis by using a sieve when they are ready, I actually put them in a rag, very effective!


No comments:

Post a Comment