In the oven
Always mix until smooth
2) In a bain marie, melt 25g of quality chocolate (never under 70%) and 1 tbsp of cocoa powder. Melt and whisk until smooth.
3) 150 ml milk, 100 ml cream. Stop it from cooking when it boils. Then add the chocolate. whisk until smooth.
4) In another bowl, 3 egg yolks (Do not throw away the egg whites) and 3 tbsp of caster sugar. Whisk it, and then add a tbsp of flour and 1/2 tbsp of cornflour. Just put a splash of the milk mixture into the batter, and whisk until smooth. Then add the rest and mix.
5) Put it back onto the heat, and whisk until a fine custard is created. take it of the heat at just the right moment, and whisk too cool it down a bit. If you do not, it begins to get a bit lumpy on top, and it´s impossible to save it!
6) egg whites, and a splash of lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk it on full power and add 50g of caster sugar little by little. You know when it´s ready when you can form peaks without them fallings down. Or if you dear, swing the bowl up side down on top of your head and see if it falls. If it does, it´s not ready ;-)
7) mix 1/4 of the egg whites into the custard with force. Do not be afraid, this will only make it better!! Then add the rest and gently just fold it in. You should now have something resembling a great mousse au chocolate!
8) take the ramekins out, brush them with some more butter and add either ground chocolate or sugar so that it sticks to the ramekin. Back in the freezer for 5 min and then your ready to fill them.
9) for the filling: fill it half way, them tap it on the counter to make all air disappear, then fill to top. Use something straight to level the mixture. Put your thumb on the edge of the ramekin and turn the ramekin clockwise so that you create a little curve into the mix. This will make it rise properly and is crucial for the perfect soufflé!
10) Put it in the oven at 190 degrees, and bake it for 15-17 min depending on the ramekin size.
You should end up with a perfect Soufflé!!!!!!
A couple of min after taking it out of the oven. Still going strong!! Very, very good sign!